Form 4768, Application for Extension of Time To File a Return and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Latest Revision
- Updated: 11/23/2019
- Successful Requests: 1,036,357
- Instructions Included: Yes
Use Form 4768 to:
Change to filing address for Form 4768 -- 03-OCT-2019
- Apply for an automatic 6-month extension of time to file Form 706, Form 706-A, Form 706-NA, or Form 706-QDT.
- Apply for a discretionary (additional) extension of time to file Form 706 (Part II of Form 4768).
- Apply for a discretionary (for cause) extension of time to file Form 706.
- Apply for an extension of time to pay estate or generation-skipping transfer tax under section 6161 (Part III of Form 4768).