Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Latest Revision
- Updated: 11/23/2019
- Successful Requests: 1,036,357
- Instructions Included: Yes
Use Form W-9 to provide your correct Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report, for example:
Public Law 115-97 changed the backup withholding rate from 28% to 24%.
- Income paid to you.
- Real estate transactions.
- Mortgage interest you paid.
- Acquisition or abandonment of secured property.
- Cancellation of debt.
- Contributions you made to an IRA.